|"Josh and I Work on a Case!"|
|Season 1, Episode 12|
|Premiere date:||February 22, 2016|
|Written by:||Rachel Bloom & Aline Brosh McKenna|
|Directed by:||Steven Tsuchida|
|Previous Episode:||"That Text Was Not Meant for Josh!"|
|Next Episode:||"Josh and I Go to Los Angeles!"|
|Featured Musical Numbers|
Rebecca hopes to redeem herself by working on a case that she thinks will bring her closer to Josh; Darryl struggles with his feelings for White Josh; Greg searches for Rebecca's true motives for taking on the case.
|Group Hang||Rebecca and Josh's Friends|
|Cold Showers||Rebecca, Paula, Darryl and Josh's Neighbors|
- Rachel Bloom as Rebecca Bunch
- Vincent Rodriguez III as Josh Chan
- Santino Fontana as Greg Serrano
- Pete Gardner as Darryl Whitefeather
- Gina Gallego as Mrs. Hernandez
- Michael Hitchcock as Bert
- David Hull as White Josh
- Gabrielle Ruiz as Valencia Perez
- Paul Welsh as Trent Maddock
- Erick Lopez as Hector
- Jacob Guenther as Chris
- Michael McMillian as Tim
- Devere Rogers as Ken
- Harvey Guillen as Beans
- Ambrit Millhouse as Waitress
- Charles Kim as Photographer
- Sandra Gutierrez as Mambo Instructor
- Frank Gallegos as Mechanic
- Julisa L. Wright as Woman
- Harry Katzman as George the Window Washer
- Malcolm Devine as Window Washer #2
- Loretta Fox as Lady Window Washer
- Byron Yee as Delivery Man
Greg Serrano: Chan, you're a nice guy. You always see things in the best light, but Valencia is right. Rebecca is into you. She always has been. She just wants to spend time with you. Why can't anyone see that? The whole case is just a pretext.
Chris: A pretext. Is that like when the little text comes out before the real text? I learned about that in health class.
Darryl Whitefeather: I like women. I like sleeping with women. I like the way that they smell, I like the way that they..the feel of their skin. I like their bird-like voices...I mean, does that sound gay?
White Josh: Nope. That sounds like a serial killer.
Valencia Perez:I'm telling you, that bitch cray.
Rebecca and Tenants: No hot water means which means cold showers!
Rebecca : Next thing you know, your kids will be on crack!
Tenants: This makes sense!
Rebecca and Tenants: No hot water means cold, cold showers! And cold showers are the gateway drug to crack...Cold water is drugs!
Darrryl: So, this is like the vagina of the system.
Bert: It’s a manhole.
Darryl : So this manhole is a vagina.
Bert : You’re saying a lot of crazy stuff.